Wednesday, June 24, 2015

24/06 - Fun incoming!

Today's bad: woke up at 6, don't really know why. Went back to sleep til 9. Pretty happy I don't have an early shift until, if I recall right, Tuesday. Should give me time to reclaim some energy and, knowing I'll be back on my normal schedule, the fatigue should diminish over time.

Also, I discovered that the term 'omorashi' is a Japanese term that means TOTALLY SOMETHING ELSE than my 'oromashi' (which is a contraction I made of other Jap' words). I suppose I should change it to avoid confusion, but... It's already so ingrained in my mind, in my world's culture, that I say, to hell with it! Not like I plan to get read in Japan XD

Today's good: well the day's only started but I won't have much time today: need to clean up the house, do some writing (because of course), prepare for the coming of a couple of good friends for a wok and a party game that we've yet to pick XD but it'll be great. We're not very social creatures (especially not me), but this is gonna do loads of good.

For now, writing it is: I'm on page 92/112 of Isaru's story (which is as of yet far from complete), Chapter 23 (which is an ironic chapter, but no more about that ;) ), and I'm like... dreading getting done with the re-writes, as it's been forever since I wrote truly fresh material. I know where to go from the last page, as it will be a complete PoV change, but as far as Isaru's own story goes... I'm stumped. Mostly because it's a complete change of scenery, and after taking countless hours to figure out enough of her home continent to write it convincingly, I'm gonna have to figure a continent that's way more intricate, as it's composed of numerous races and places and cultures as opposed to Rao, which has a total of three races (basically).

But, it's also the continent where the 'official' novel will take place. I guess there'll be a lot of PoV switches as well there, as I'm really looking forward to work out timelines and events and races and creatures and dear god it'll be oh so much fun. For now, a glimpse into my chaptering:


And now, we return to Rao. :)

Note to Future Self: less coffee less sugar, and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment