Friday, June 5, 2015

05/06 - I don't have a title

Today's bad: well perhaps a bit more sleep would've been welcome, as my throat hurts and I'm heavy-headed, but I wanted some extra time to play some Diablo.

I'm fed up with this 5-day schedule. My body and mind think we're staying home today, but nope! And I'm so tired and shit that I'm crying; I'm just fed up. When I got hired, I'd said 4 days-weeks were for me very important. I understand it can't be helped, what with being one person short, and others needing their vacation. I won't have any vacation until next year. And I'd been scheduled to work 8 days in a row, to which I said no; wrote the manager to say, as he had told me to say would the moment come, that it was too much. He managed to fix it, probably at the cost of one colleague's vacation... but I don't feel bad considering she'll have had over a week's worth. And that there's no way I can handle 8 days in a row, especially with no vacation at the horizon, or any betterment in sight. I'm starting to consider looking for another job. Were it not for how much I like all of my colleagues, and that finding work is so damn hard, I probably would. I've had enough. And that 8-day fiasco brought back very nasty memories of another job, which is a comparison I don't want in my head.

By the way, another colleague of mine is working 9 days straight. She doesn't seem to mind. I don't know whether she really doesn't, or whether it's just a front. Everybody's getting exhausted.

Today's good: that I'll be playing Diablo right about now. And that it's the last workday of the week, at fucking last. I have half a mind to cancel tomorrow's plans, as I need to be anti-social. I'm just fed up. I want to stay home and deal with as few people as necessary. I'm really fed up.

Note to Future Self: hang in there. Last day!

No comments:

Post a Comment