Tuesday, June 23, 2015

23/06 - The joys of writing

Today's bad: looked up 'ancient asian torture' for writing ideas, and what might be done to deserters. Wish I hadn't. Dear gods do I wish I hadn't. Why didn't I just look up 'ancient asian deserter punishment'? Man. *shudder*

Today's good: <3 language:

I've been having fun making such titles that are a mix of two words, and that mention clearly what the chapter (or, interlude, as it is here) are about. And this is why I love the English language so much <3

Also, been working on another drawing, just because. The doll function in Manga Studio 5 is fun to toy with and, sometimes, I just really need to draw. Now I can indulge easily, and well, and not feel like I'm wasting hours trying to get my lines to look right. Boy am I glad I bought a decent Wacom tablet on sale several years ago! Knew it'd come in very handy one day.

For the record, it's an Intuos3. Does all it needs to.

There's obviously a few flaws in the sketch, and I'm not really sure about her midriff's turn, but I don't care XD I have fun. And I get to give life to my characters. I'm like, WTFHOLYSHITYESTHISISGREAT. Y'know. And it's motivating me to improve, which is perhaps the best achievement of all. Now, all I need is to learn to colour... XD;

Note to Future Self: enough bragging, time to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment