Sunday, July 19, 2015

19/07 - Emancipation

Today's bad: aside from some tiredness (heat? Lack of vitamins?), today marks the day I officially renounce any attempts at bonding with the French side of bf's family. He's off to a barbecue for his aunt's 60th birthday, I'm here at home, content, that I don't have to keep pretending anymore. I don't know whether the truth will have been told or not, and it makes little difference to me: what matters is that I made my point overzealously clear to his parents about what the term 'family' means to me. It was honestly about damn time. I understand how people with siblings have a very bloodliney opinion on the matter; to me, family are the people (and creatures!) who accept you for who you are. This is something I have felt on his mother's side, but not on his father's - and it's gotten worse to a point I no longer feel bf's own father is a part of that family. 

So, I am curious as to how it is going/will have gone. For me, it is another day off, one I desperately need after a very long day at work yesterday and a cacophony of tourists and kids ripping my nerves to shreds. All in all, it's still good stress. XD

Today's good: I must start by saying I beat a tough boss in Persona 4, because the most important thing I have to mention for today is this:


Bf left for his family gathering, and somehow returned about 15 minutes later with... flowers for me. Gorgeous flowers for me. I could've cried, really (just didn't because I'm a hard-ass << ). It was so spontaneous and thoughtful and gods those colours are superb. The cat is courtesy his own curiousity.

I'm bad with gratitude because vulnerablity and all that shit (why yes, I do have issues, thanks for asking :D ), so here's my way of saying it:

Flowers yellow, flowers true
Draped in purple, regal hue
Through these words, my heart laid bare
You are the one, my love sincere

... aaaaand now I'll go write. Stories. XD

Note to Future Self: written words are better than no words. One day, the lingering walls will fall, but what oh what remains their power source?

No comments:

Post a Comment