Wednesday, September 9, 2015

09/09 - Getting back up

Today's bad: woke up at 2.45 due to my throat, got up and got some syrup and a Ricola, went back to bed, fell asleep before the Ricola was gone :) and then woke up around 7.30 and I'm feeling ehhhh. Not too shabby, not super-great either. Still gotta work today, but it's a nice 12-6 schedule that'll give me some time recuperate this evening.

With my 35th birthday nearly around the corner, I've been thinking, or rather assessing how my life is going. As far as personal projects go, I'm very disappointed. Nearly 35 and still so far away from reaching my goal - which is the novel. Haven't written in weeks due to fatigue and writer's block. Haven't drawn a thing. And what am I going to do when I'm done writing this? Diablo. Because gaming is basically all I can do lately.

Perhaps it's just a bad period of time. After all, I'm the biggest provider right now. Much as I can't wait to get back to my normal schedule, we can really use the money (which, might I say, is something I've learned not to worry about anymore - without going the opposite way of throwing it out the windows). To balance the global fatigue, I allow myself little things now and again, like candy yesterday. It's a morale boost. Likely also why I game so much lately XD but yeah. Almost 35. Negative perception currently, but I also know, and feel, that once I get back to my writing, things will move along faster than expected. I've always been a late bloomer: this will follow the same rule.

Today's good: feeling better is a plus. Likely going to allow myself a yummy pasta lunch. And, now, Diablo.

Note to Future Self: 10 years from now, what will life be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment