Thursday, January 19, 2017

#19 - Pose study

There comes a point when you start feeling you're lacking something to move forward. Well, one thing I lack is understanding of anatomy. So, I'm going to spend some day dissecting random poses.

Pose from Posemaniacs

I added numbers to show the evolution.

With 1, I think it really clearly shows how bad my understanding of anatomy is. It's like every limb has its own position that doesn't work with the rest XD especially the legs. Dear gods, the legs. The everything.

With 2, I tried to understand the pose in its simplest form. That didn't really work for me. At all.

I realized then that I was doing something wrong. So I asked myself what I could do to try and understand the pose, to grasp its base, and that's how I came up with 3 and, at first, the main horizontal lines and the spinal line. This already helped me grasp what I was looking at, as they divided the body into comprehensible segments.

So I tried with 4 to reproduce what I was seeing. It was a test. During this process I added the body lines on 3 that I placed on 4 as well. It wasn't perfect. But I got the feeling I had grasped something nonetheless.

So, I figured I'd try a final version, and thus 5 happened. And though it's in no means perfect (I see now the thighs are too long and have the wrong tilt), I'd like to think this is actually a pose that could be worked from. I don't have the 3D-ness of it down, but I seem to have managed some perspective nonetheless. And with this thumbnail, I'm seeing all sorts of line errors to improve upon with the next drawings.

Globally satisfied. And it didn't take as long as I'd fear. I'm trying to be efficient ^^ especially since I need to get back into writing and I have to plan accordingly. Kinda surprised I'm managing that << XD

No comments:

Post a Comment