Monday, January 16, 2017

#16 - En avant la cavalerie

I'd been meaning to do this exercise for a couple of days now. Between Diablo and chatting, I failed to get it done. Today, finally, here it is:


You may want to click on it to get the full size.

What I set myself to do here, is create personalities through colours and simple shapes. Obviously, I loosened up as I went, which even led to a couple dual poses because why not. The intent though was to give (myself) an idea of the character personalities through these simple sketches - which, believe it or not, did take me a couple of hours. Mostly thinking about who to draw XD but well, there we go.

Did I succeed? Not with all of them. Did I have fun? Oh you betcha I did ^^

For the curious and/or those who have followed last year's blogs, character names:
Kooga, Kassandra, Zool, Isaru (+alterform), Taelin, Eglen,
Aneskia, Nalyn, Devon (+1), Ine, Kristofah,
Niskania, Nefahtil, Nalyn+Corvis, Taelin+Eglen, Ana'Thaene

At the very least, it's given me a clearer view of colour schemes (and colours to change like on Nefahtil, but then her clothes have always eluded me (and Kassandra's shirt ought to be white, but that was not gonna look good on a white bg, which I couldn't change because it made the colouring look weird)).

No comments:

Post a Comment