Friday, January 13, 2017

#13 - You'll never leave me, will you?

Trying to achieve correct proportions while working further on my style (and characters).

Left it as a sketch because I want to get back to it, but for now I've stared long enough.

The major reason for me to try and improve my visual skills is to manage to draw my characters and give them life. That's the ultimate goal. So, whenever the urge rises to draw them, I listen and see whether I can fulfil that urge or not. Today, I could.

You get a blurb to go with it, which was the inspiration for this piece.


"You're not thinking of leaving, are you," Kassandra said, her unctuous tone rife with dangerous certainty, "you know I'll find you, wherever you go. Killing you would be too merciful."
Kooga went quiet, and said nothing right away. "I… I won't," he replied, quivering, "I promise. I'll stay here."
"Good," Kassandra replied, "since you're being a good boy, I'll mend your bones. Come here."
She reached open arms towards the child who, despite the pain and fear rending his nerves, found the strength to come to her, to settle in her inviting arms. Her hands latched onto her boy, on the exact location of the internal damage she'd inflicted herself, a few days ago. He winced at her touch, and she smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment