Wednesday, January 18, 2017

#18 - Lost in the woods

Well, not so much lost in the woods as taking a break XD


I kept this one simple partially because I'd like to focus on writing today. However, what I went for during this half hour is setting a scene, using colours to create depth, and using composition to set the focal point on what I wanted (and I failed, I see now... I'll have to move the foreground upwards).

A quick experiment that was harder to do than expected because my PC can't run large-scale brushes. So I had to resort to fill in the main background rather than use the oil brush to give it some texture/colour variation. :/ hence the small brush strokes on everything, as well.

Oh well. I'm actually pretty satisfied. Doesn't look like much, but the thought process it took to get the result was interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment