Sunday, November 22, 2015

Week 06 - Stitching!

I want to start this blog off with this: an old friend of mine sent me a message. It matters because we've been 'at war' for a few years. She sent a message in regards with the current events in Belgium, which is my country, hoping that we're safe here. Aside from the fact it must've taken a lot from her to send me a message, perhaps worrying how I might take it (truth is, I could've cried tears of joy - I'm still holding them in), let's take a moment to embrace care and compassion trumping hate/dislike/whatever she has felt/still feels regarding me.

I really need to write my book. I really want my story of greater love prevailing against everything, even at high cost. I really need to do a lot of things; may I have time to do them all.

Also: thank you, old friend. Thank you so much. I'm glad the person I used to call friend is alive within you. And, selfishly, I'm glad to know I still matter to you. It's something I really needed to know. It's something that allows me to care again, unconditionally, no matter what happens. I know you care, and that is more than what I could've ever asked for.

Now, to cut the tear-jerking short XD: I've been a bit active this week, creatively. The good news is also that I'll soon work a few less hours. I've reached the point of destruction: often dizzy, often exhausted, bodyaches, and the underrated IfeellikesomuchcrapIthinkI'mgonnacryohgodsno. So, yeah. Small worries to be sure, but small worries is what keeps you level-headed when faced with world-shattering events. Think small, but don't close your eyes to the bigger picture. As you worry about what dish you'll cook the coming day, have a thought for the people who died - for the families who mourn lost ones. Be strong for those who are weak. And don't forget that all victims matter.

Writing: no writing per se, but a lot of thinking about my Nalyn.

One more thing I need to work on ;_;

That pic actually quite defines what I've been thinking about: his clothes. Now, Nalyn's a ruthless, loudmouth warrior who doesn't think twice about many things: it's kill or be killed (also: kill first, ask questions later). But Nalyn has his issues. A whole bunch of 'em. So many I can't begin to describe how much is wrong with that man. And the main issue he has with the pic up there is that he'd never be caught dead looking like that in the open. See, wearing tight/fitting pants is kind of a requisite when you're a warrior; but what I hadn't considered is the fact he'd never have his stuff that damn visible because oh so many mental issues. So, I figured he'd wear the pants, and some shirt or other fitting enough to be comfortable for fighting, and ample enough to keep him well covered.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, are the things I sometimes think about. Hey, it's character building <<

Drawing: none this week, but damn will I have to rework that pic of Nalyn. Looking at it burns. Especially the totally-not-right pants area. ... I do like his chest, though. I've had mental images of drawing him with his back to the viewer, taking off his shirt (because fangirling my own character), but in the pic he'd be lifting it just enough to show off the really ugly scars underneath. ... I luff that man. ;_;

Other: as usual, this is what I've been working on the most,a nd it's coming along well :D


Currently done with the purple, next step is the garnet, and then filling up all the diamonds. So far, I'm really pleased with the progress :) despite making a mistake that, luckilly, was easy to recover - as pics below show:

On the left, in the middle, is the mistake I discovered as I started work on the purple: at some point, it didn't align with the blue. After checking the pattern, I realized I'd misread the placement of the row. Fortunately I managed to untie my stitching, and then I placed them correctly. Good rule of thumb is to not work on this when i'm exhausted as tempting as it is e.e

Challenge: well, I fulfilled the previous one, since 'all' I was supposed to do was be creative. I don't know the energy I'll have, nor the time, but I'd like to manage to work on the Nalyn pic up above and, at the very least, make the clothing more accurate for his character. We'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment