Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Late 31/08 - Reaching the end

I'll make this one short: yes, I'm starting to get tired of this daily blogging. Mostly for the reason I have very little to say every day. I find my own entries lacking, boring, globally uninteresting - which, might I say, isn't the point of the blog to begin with: the point is to update every day, for a year. Much as I have made my daily blogs (with one exception), I notice I often write them late nowadays. Work, tiredness, lack of envy, are all working against me. I'm clearly not the kind of person who can write every day. But I lost a lot of focus on this. The summer was long and tough. I'm mentally drained and in need of a vacation that isn't coming until next year (unless I don't get hired long-term, then it'll start mid-December XD). I got tired of my job, but it's not from wanting to leave, it's just from needing a break. And needing to write, which I haven't done in weeks. I just want to disconnect from the world for several days.

Speaking of which, I'll be starting the habit to turn off internet when I write. It's too distracting, what with DA, Facebook, email... I end up checking all sorts of things and not going forward. I have a thesaurus and a dictionary: I do not need more. Much as online dictionaries are interesting to use, but I don't have the discipline not to click on anything else... or perhaps I need another browser with only writing sites and suches. That could work too.

Anyhow. We're going back out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment