Friday, January 15, 2016

About death.

David Bowie.
Alan Rickman.
Michel Galabru.
...

2016 has started out to be a year of death, after 2015 ending in bloodshed and fear.

It reminds me of my own mortality. That one day, I will die, too. Though death in itself doesn't frighten me; no, what I fear, is to leave no legacy, in any form. I am my parents' legacy and, as their ages are close to that of the early departed, it reminds me of their mortality as well. What is it like to lose someone you've known all your life? I don't know. Closest I have experienced is when Robin Williams passed away - I type this, I cry. Someone I have 'known' all my life, that I appreciated, and looked up to.

No, I don't like where 2016 is headed.

However.

This is the feeling I get from 2016: it will be a cycle of renewal. A trying year emotionally to be sure, but one that will bring about some truly good. What disappears, will be/is already in the process of being replaced. Seeds will burgeon. Something new will arise. It is, for me personally, a good year to focus attention on writing, as death is something omnipresent and that, paradoxally, fascinates me (in case you didn't know that yet). Cry not over what leaves; rejoice for what is to come.

This said, it will be a cold winter. It might still be a cold spring. Summer will be lukewarm. By the end of it, the new cycle should be made clear.

And um yeah. That's the feels for 2016 XD; whether this will come to pass or not, I guess we'll see. The fact remains that this year has started awfully (except for me and my week vacation << ). Got a few things currently going wrong, but, what's important for me right now is this: creating. Living. Both go hand in hand. As I said in this year's first post, this year we won't worry or fear. So.

We keep writing, walking, and watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment