Friday, August 18, 2017

And after now having read the Chrno Crusade manga...


... I dunno which one I like best but, aside from a few truly moving parts in the manga, I'll have to say it's the anime. As heartbreaking as it is, it simply made more sense.

Though, the good thing about reading the manga is that some parts that made no sense in the anime now do make sense - like the legion.

And I was very pleased not only to see Chrno alive at the end, but to see that my assumption regarding the anime was right: he should've put his horns back on.

But, all in all, I feel like there are two very distinct Chrno-s, and that manga and anime can co-exist as alternate realities of one another. The dreaded 'what if' situation, where one change can alter the entire course of one's existence.

It's something I often dread in my own stories. What if I, for lack of better word, 'record' the wrong (re)action from a character? What if I make a mistake? What repercussions can a mistake have? But I guess I just have to trust I'll do things right.

Truly, for me, writing stories really goes beyond just 'writing'. Or maybe I'm just a tad crazy ;)

Anyway. I just needed to express my contentment at having finished exploring Chrno Crusade and its (over-complicated) plot. I understand that they changed things around a lot in the anime. And I've come to appreciate it differently now.

Yay for getting done with things. Now I can focus on my own characters again. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment