Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Theme 10: Richard - Week 3

Myes I'm a couple days late... Sunday I had a dinner with old colleagues (which was an absolute blast, so glad to have seen them again <3), yesterday unemployment office and then the day just sorta... flew by. Had a lot of ProjectComment to catch up on (still do, two comments x.x), have my art for DPSchool to continue, a job to apply for... There was this goddamned fly attacking me (just got the creature outside, so happy e______e), and I do want to play some Diablo 3 because I don't have this season's rewards yet << (kinda stopped playing because my Diablo partner'd stopped too :/). Plus I'd been under loads of stress because of an obsessive kid that is too damaged for words - first time I ever had to write any game support for harassment. EVER. But I did. And the stress is all but gone... But this encounter did make me doubt whether I was made to help people after all...

And then I told myself: seriously, one kid is gonna break you? One little bullier whose own life is a clear trainwreck? You can't help everyone - and there's no shame leaving behind the people who wrap themselves in negativity when all you want and seek is positivity. So, I also removed my previous manager from my Facebook after wishing him a happy birthday. It hurts me because I had so much respect for that man. So much. But he's had 5 months to get back in touch with me. I would've liked being able to explain to him how dead I was feeling inside because of that job, and that I couldn't go on just for the colleagues anymore... but I never got a chance. As he cut the contact, I waited for him to try and rebuild the bridge. It didn't happen. And as I am taking steps forward in life, I needed to let go of some weight.

So I made the decision to follow a nursing course starting sometime at the beginning of next year. Today I'm in full doubt about whether I made the right decision XD but the fact is I need to help people, period. That's it. That's my life's course, aside from writing. And I got compliments from the unemployment clerk saying I was consequent and 'a gift as a workforce for any firm' - literally. I could've cried. It was so out of the blue. The modest part of me had trouble accepting the compliment; the selfish/self-aware part was saying: finally, someone who realizes it AND says it! XD

So yeah. Life changes coming once again, hopefully this time without any health issues XD it'll be a ten month course, again in Bruges. I'm probably gonna be happy to have a driver's license, because I can't do the train thing again. I can't. I'm panicking at the idea of having to. So, yeah... next year is still far away, so for now:

It's time for week 3 of Richard!

Richard's Origin Story

Richard is a fairly new character. As I think I've mentioned, I've been working on figuring out my Human Empire and how it got corrupted, as I need this information to write chapter 2 of the novel. It has led me greatly astray, lemme tell you! Fact is, I know who and what is at the helm of the Empire - what I didn't know was how it happened. That is how I created a new character named Ayden Ryall (who I will not be speaking about... not yet anyway <<), who I know will end up in the higher spheres and be an influence of destruction. The problem was to figure out how Ayden got from point A to point B... and, as I figured his life out, I realized he must have met a Vampire at some point. That Vampire was Richard.

What started out as a somewhat random character soon grew into a personality, and I had to write his own entire life story out to continue Ayden (this happens a lot to me << XD). While writing things out between Ayden and Richard, I slowly got the feeling not only Ayden, but Richard had played a role in the Empire's corruption - not as direct a role, but still an important player. The story led them to encounter the assassin group Atrophy, and eventually one led to the other... At present I still need to write the exact way Ayden entered the higher spheres, and I got stopped from a lack of understanding of the Emperor, so I'm writing his life story now XD I still don't know what Richard will plan to do with Atrophy, but I think this'll create interesting possibilities for Book 2. :)

So that is Richard's origin story: created at random, became interesting to me, figured him out... and now I'm hooked on him XD; I like too many of my (evil) characters. But, well, even evil characters have layers and reasons for being who they are...and that's what makes them interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment