Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 01 - Not much, but still

Alright, first post of the new format X3

Art: not much on this front. Duly noted the request for 'dream': I have ideas for it, in the form of a person reading a book and a large Dragon flying by because Dragon (rhymes with dream in my dictionary << XD).

Also had an idea for a character drawing with much reds. Character on the right of the screen, dressed in a red coat, flapping in the wind. It doesn't sound like much, but it'd be HUGE for me to be able to draw something like that.

And, getting feedback on DA has been interesting. I signed up for a weekly feedback program where you give at least one comment a week on people's selected art and, in return, you get to upload art yourself to be commented on. I haven't been agreeing with everything said to me, but it's all been quite appreciated. I might (read: should) take advantage of these feedback opportunities to take risks with my artwork and do some digital pieces, be they bad.

Writing: a couple of pages somewhere down the week, with a good forward momentum. I was supposed to write more today but then other stuff happened.

Also, watching Big Hero 6's bonus features gave me writing ideas! They mentioned how they animated a sitting scene for all characters to get an idea of their personality, and I figured: I could do something similar in writing, with various characters walking into a bar (or, a tavern, but that's not how the stories go XD). It's already created some interesting mental feedback. Hoping to sleep well tonight so I have a mind to write tomorrow X3

Other: we haz made progress.


Randomly, there was a kitty on a leash at the store today. I squeed like mad when I realized, after hearing several mews and noticing that, no no, the lady wasn't holding a small greyish dog on a leash but a cat. A freaking cat. In all my years working in stores, this is the second, perhaps third time I see a kitty on a leash. It was SO FREAKING CUTE. And friendly. And omg kitty.

Challenge: next week, I need to 1. sketch out the dream, and 2. write at least one bar scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment