Friday, February 3, 2017

#34 - Please don't let me die

Honestly, I had fun with this. Started with a random pose, got a sketch that, I think, shows how much I love Egyptian art-anatomy XD... and then I thought: well, how about making it a bit more interesting? And then I went a bit wild. <<


I left the original stick-sketch because, for one, I liked it XD but also to show where and how I altered the final sketch. A fellow admin of ProjectComment directed me towards a coiling method video, which I used to try and get the leg proportions right. I mostly failed, but fact is I didn't try and get it perfectly right, either. I also didn't watch the video with sound << but, I try. I'm interested in building my understanding of anatomy, and that's what I'm doing ^^ just expanded a bit in this piece because I didn't want to upload a simple pose sketch. That and said pose beckoned me to be evil. << XD

Seriously, this was fun to draw. I notice that when I don't try too hard to get things right, things have a way of looking decent.

I also changed an option on G-Pen. I really like the pencil feel of some artists' lineart (case in point), but alas CSP seems to have no decent pencil tool :/ that and I like G-Pen. So I tried and set its opacity to 'random', which creates a pretty cool effect that may not quite show. Basically, instead of a straight thick black line, I get a line with greyish gaps. It's not really pencil-y, but it does create an interesting effect nonetheless. So I'll experiment further with it <<

No comments:

Post a Comment