Monday, November 14, 2016

Theme 12: Kassandra - Week 1

Of course I caught a cold that annoyed me all weekend long.

Weeks bleed together and I forget what exactly I did... Just remember it was a lot of writing, and even a lot of drawing. This week is themed RL because on Friday I have to go to Bruges to get news on that nursing course, so knowing myself I'll be mostly out of the creativity zone (on top of still being somewhat sick). And next Monday to the unemployment office... e.e

In the meantime though, we keep making strides forward. Bf has been wanting to create an app to put my stories on (we'll see if that ever happens <<), and I've just spent what seems like the entire week commenting on another's work XD but it was worth it. So much so. Really friendly writer who paid me back in kind (best comment EVER), and who gave me so much love and appreciation for my comments that it just... made me melt. ^__________________^

I guess that was mostly my week XD this week I have some RL reading to do, and then we'll see.

For now, dernière ligne droite! And second to last character theme :)
Now, I debated with myself who I'd talk about this time. I had a few choices, and the one I ended up making was perhaps not the best one (especially plot-wise, I'm gonna be walking on eggshells here XD), but considering I'd started making this blog to also speak of my oldest characters, I can't NOT talk about her.

So without further ado, I present to you...

Kassandra



Who is Kassandra?

Chances are she'll be the last thing you ever see.

Kassandra is a Vampire. She has been alive for quite some time, and has been a force of destruction nearly her entire life.

The depths of her soul are a thing born of horror. Kassandra lies, cheats, kills without hesitation, torments and tortures for her own pleasure - and oh, pleasure she has. Nothing says 'day well spent' like screams of agony obtained with your own hands. For all intents and purposes, Kassandra is an incarnation of evil - the sort of villain that appears one-sided and devoid of any real emotions.

But Kassandra has a different kind of darkness in her heart. One that has been with her longer than she can remember. This darkness feeds on her own fears of solitude; and because Kassandra has never learned to cope with loss and anger, she lashes out, sometimes incomprehensibly so - even to herself. This hunger for connection led her to making bad choices, one of which being the man who would become the father of her child... and abandon her.


Kassandra and the Novel

Her place in it is still pretty much up in the air. You'd think she'd have a place of choice, right? The problem is that someone so evil can really make a story sinister and gorey XD; but she'll be in it, even if through mentioning. Because her son often thinks about her. Even though he hates himself for it but, sometimes, he misses his crazy, tormenting mother. As said during his week: he has a very distorted view of what love should be. Just as Kassandra does. Love is something tainted by violence and hatred. By bloodshed and consuming despair. But to Kassandra herself, 'love' is something she doesn't understand, something that is intricately tied with hatred. I daresay she's incapable of love as we understand it, but not incapable of attachment. And it is this attachment that may lead her feet into this story, whether I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment