Thursday, June 30, 2016

Theme 07: Nadieja - Week 1

This week has been somewhat of a rollercoaster. It's had deep lows, exciting highs, and after a great night's sleep only perturbed by a end-of-the-world dream ' (wherein, again, my parents' apartment building collapsed into the ground, but at least not through it entirely this time), life has resumed basically as it was last week. A bit better though.

Most notably, the issues I'd mentioned with my writer friend have been smoothed out - they got worse though before improving XD so much so I had to consider the reality that the friendship wouldn't recover. But, some explanations and clarifications (and, I must say on my part, some righteous anger <<) later, I feel as though the friend I've known and cared about is back. It makes me very happy. I prefer to move on in the same direction rather than having to take different roads.

The other notable event is that I applied for a job two days ago, went on an interview yesterday morning and got hired, then by the end of the day got unhired because I want to have a kid. See, this is something women shouldn't mention when they apply for a job; I didn't, as she didn't ask and in my situation (=not certain I can have kids) I deem it irrelevant, but as this was a store where I'd made purchases to boost fertility, the information got to her ears and she regretfully, apologetically, had to cancel my tryout. And I understood. I had an amazingly good interview, we got along super well, I even finished her sentences... but based on projections (that if I get pregnant at my age there could be complications and so forth), she didn't want to take the risk. Rather, couldn't afford to take it, as there's a lot of learning to do in thsi job, and it may all be for naught if indeed I get pregnant and indeed have complications... On my part, I'd feel guilty to have forced to get hired anyway and then indeed get complications. What I take away from this event is that my resumé now has the intended effect: I strongly emphasized my desire to help people, and that's basically what attracted her attention. And I hope to have shown her there are still motivated, positive people in this world... I think that's something she needed to know right now.

As I said: helping people. In a very broad, all-encompassing way XD

And that's basically my eventful week. Also had to go to the unemployment office (which went well, save she gave me one job offer that doesn't interest me in the least and is an hour away from here by foot+tramway!), went for groceries and ended up talking for an hour with an ex-colleague, and had heavy insomnia for three days. Today I feel rested and eager to return to my own endeavours.

And thus I move on to the next theme. I had a bit of difficulty picking one, as there are more characters I'd like to talk about but that I can't pick for the sake of keeping the story a bit vague for a while longer ;), so I eventually settled for:

Nadieja
Again, nothing better at hand than a sketch ;.;


Who is Nadieja?

Nadieja is the adoptive daughter of one of the Lords of the City of Malmern, Lord Gregoir Ashin. AT his death she inherited all of his possessions and his title, making Nadieja one of the most influential people in all of Malmern. She is the face of justice and diplomacy, and also the thorn in the other Lords' sides.

Before being Lady Nadieja, she was Nilja - an uneducated peasant child born to parents who abandoned her. Her past is riddled with wrong choices and bad decisions that led to an unwanted pregnancy and being arrested for theft and accessory to murder. Only her pregnancy saved her life, and after her pregnancy, it is the benevolence of Lord Ashin that secured for her a future she never would have dared dream or hope for.

So Nadieja hardened, learned of the world and the City she lives in, and became a force to be reckoned with. She strives every day to banish injustice and crime from Malmern; her past has granted her psychological insights that one day led her to make a decision that would change her life, and that of Malmernian's citizens...


Nadieja and the Novel

Her exact role to play isn't defined yet - she may just only make cameo appearances. The story will take Aneskia and Nalyn to Malmern, where they will discover more about the threats looming on the horizon - threats that Nadieja will have gotten wind of, though not as in-depth as she'd want. Depending on certain events that may or may not happen, Nadieja may get herself involved into understanding just how great the threat is.

She wrote herself naturally into this story once I realized I'd have to take it to Malmern. I've had her since my roleplay days, and she always struck me as an interesting and complex woman: head-strong, unyielding, yet also compassionate and, in some ways, flawed - her greatest flaw being the irrational terror she feels towards her twin daughters Hali and Amin (as a note: twins are very rare on this world, so I suspect there being some rumours/superstitions regarding twins that are based on potentially religious beliefs... Yes, there's still a lot to discover, even for me XD).

More importantly, her thirst for justice, actions she has taken in a past that relates to TAoS, made her an invaluable addition to the story. How and when I've yet to determine, but she'll be there, and she'll be important. She says so herself << XD

No comments:

Post a Comment