Sunday, May 15, 2016

Theme 05: Kristofa - Week 3

It's been an interesting week. Most importantly: my departure from my job has been made thoroughly official. For some reason, the firm wanted to give me a 10-month contract; how, why, what, I don't know, but I discussed the matter with my manager and it was lowered to 4. At least, it's supposed to be; if the contract isn't the one I want when I go to work and sign on Tuesday, that'll be that. Much as I'd prefer it that way because I'm drained&done, I can't abandon my colleagues during the summer. After that, though, I will be free. Unemployed, but free to pursue my life again. This is not a job I want to continue.

And, I do have a job application on Thursday evening. I don't know what'll come of it - I don't expect much, as there's great competition, but the important part is to just take a step towards what I really want. I don't need to have a job to hop to at this point; what I need is a break from responsibility before I completely fall apart. I'm burned out. I can keep going nonetheless, but I'm simply burned out. End venting. XD

In better news, I started a natural treatment for body and hair. I've got a couple of syrups full of vitamins, and natural shampoo that's supposed to revitalize my hair. I figured it was time to love myself a little XD honestly, the one vitamin syrup has already proven it works. I've had tons of cramps in my right arm, and taking the vitamins helped me the day itself. My arm feels more relaxed, and I feel some energy returning. I think it was about time to help myself a little <<

Speaking of which, I got my ProjectComment responsibilities out of the way for the previous week and this one as well, so now it's time to make my lil' character post ^^


Kristofa: Origin Story

I will disappoint again this week: I don't remember how or why he got created. I really wish I did. For some reason, he must've been important enough to me (or, I'm thinking, Aneskia <<) that I decided to incorporate him into the story. Heck, there must be reason I created him at all. I think it may have been as simple as me needing a reason to explain that Aneskia could speak Human: she learned it from him. The truth of the matter will be forever lost I'm afraid... although, lemme try here.

I remember a particular event line in the roleplay that regarded Elshir (affectionately branded Rainbow Elves way back when, as we'd never come up with an actual name for them). One in particular that ended up in the Syrilae village, and was taken in by a kind, motherly Elf residing there. Why he got there I don't remember: he'd fled the war and my then-friend wanted to roleplay him and we somehow got onto the idea he'd have gotten there after getting away from a prison (where he'd met another Syrilae... this was one of the all-time bests roleplay scenes - in my eyes, anyway). So, this Elf took the Rainbow Elf in, and other stuff happened, and this was basically how I ended up creating Kristofa's (then-named Christopher) parents: the motherly Elf Martha, and the dark-skinned Syrilae Giounai, who would one day have a son she would name Christopher (which had no reason back then; later, I figured she'd been raised in a Human-ish way, around Humans). And, somehow, Kristofa evolved, because I had him being a friend of fatherless Aneskia, and one of the few to have met Kooga (who is an extremely important character, that I may or may not discuss... we'll see <<). These facts were certainly enough reason for me to transfer Kristofa over to my world, where he became a man of more depth... and more treachery.

What I couldn't do for him in the roleplay, I will be doing for him here. Somewhere in time, Giounai and Martha left the village, and left Kristofa in the care of one of Giounai's friends (which is common practice among Syrilae, but other reasons were at play). Kristofa doesn't remember his parents clearly; he doesn't even think much about them. He knows they had reasons to leave - good reasons, that will become even more apparent as time progresses. What he doesn't know, is that Martha and Giounai started a new family in a city far away... and that, through events out of his control, he will get a chance at meeting them, and face the inner demons he never knew he had.

I have several possible plans for him; as things stand, I don't know whether he will be an asset, or a liability (which is actually pretty interesting to me << XD). In this life, Kristofa has made choices that haunt his steady mind, and that he will in ways get to redeem by assisting his long-lost, never-known family in times that will only get more dire. Whether he will truly redeem himself, however, remains a question I am eager to discover the answer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment